In one of our recent posts, we mentioned we had started our business. Hurray to us! 👏🏽 My goal is to turn it into a certified B Corp. This is a vigorous and difficult goal. B Corps align with sustainable and equitable capitalism.
B Corp Certification is a designation that a business is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials.bcorporation.net
This past week, we received our EIN.
The Employer Identification Number is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service to business entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification. Wikipedia
Our list of remaining items is long.
◦ Get EIN from IRS – done 4/30/2023
◦ Sign operating agreement (high priority) – not started
◦ Open business bank account (high priority) – not started
◦ Get general liability and worker’s compensation – not started
◦ Re-negotiate with current employer – not started
◦ Find a lawyer or legal service – not started
◦ An accountant? – not started
◦ Find a payroll company – not started
◦ Find a benefits firm for sep-ira or simple ira – not started
◦ Find a payment processing firm (Stripe?) – not started
◦ Fix the website and sell stuff – not started
◦ Hire people
Other things we missed?
For those that have started a business, how did you tackle the remaining steps? What do you look for in each specialist? We appreciate any guidance. From professional experience, it’s important to have a list of tasks to do, prioritize them, and act.
Here’s to a brighter future.
Copyright © 2023 smilingdad. The content produced by this site is for entertainment purposes only. Opinions and comments published on this site may not be sanctioned by and do not necessarily represent the views of smilingdad, its owners, sponsors, affiliates, or subsidiaries.